Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Miss You

Nicki woke up and stretched her arm over to an empty space. She opened her eyes and looked around. "He must be downstairs" she says. She sat up in bed then cringed a little at the slight pain between her legs. Memories of last night flooded her head and made her smile. She pushed the covers back then walked to the bathroom. Safaree had ran her a bubble bath. She dropped her clothes to the floor and got in.

Safaree was downstairs preparing breakfast for the two. A simple breakfast consisting of bacon, eggs, toast and a side of orange juice. Nicki came strolling down 30 minutes later in her robe.

"Morning beautiful, hungry?" Safaree asked.

"Good morning love and jop!" Nic replied.

They walked over to the table but before sitting down Safaree noticed the way Nicki was walking asked "Feeling a little sore?" he winked. She punched him in the arm "Shut up!" she said while trying to hold in her laugh.

They sat down and talked while eating. "Last night was pretty fun" Nicki stated as she took a bite of her toast. "Mhmm sure was" Safaree said with a full mouth. "Yo, you was mad corny with them riddles though." he continued.

"Oh? My shit was corny?" She fake pouted.

"But they were cute though, just like you."

She smiled again then kissed him on the lips. They talked some more then put their dishes in the sink for Safaree to wash.

Nicki went back upstairs to get dressed. She went to the nightstand to check her phone. 3 missed calls and 5 texts. After going through the unread messages she seen the message she opened last night from the familiar name and number. She sat there contemplating what she should do before Safaree walked in the room interrupting her thoughts. "Hey babe." she said. He leaned down and kiss her on the cheek.

"Hey. I'm going up to the office to check up on everything." Truthfully, he could stay at home all day and give directions via phone to his VP Vincent and let him do all the work. He IS the president. But he liked to check up on things and make sure everything was moving smoothly.

"Ok. Could you pick me out something to wear while I go do my hair?" She asked. "Sure." he replied. Nicki walked into the bathroom to fix her hair and apply light makeup.

While Safaree was getting Nicki's clothes, he heard her phone vibrate. He went over and picked up up thinking maybe it could be a phone call. It was a text from James.

James: Idk you got the other text but Holmby Park @ 1:30?

Safaree read this with furrowed eyebrows. "What the fuck." He put the phone back down when he heard her coming out. "Here's your clothes." He pointed to them before storming out. He was going to see if she was going to say something later but knowing her he knew he'd have to bring it up.

"What was that about?" she thought. She got dressed then called back the people whose calls she missed.

"Hey Lauren. You called?"

"Hey Nic. I was calling to tell you that I will be moving out there." She cheesed.

"Eeek! When?"

"In a couple weeks! You're going to show me around or what?"

"Jop, I gotchu boo. It's nuffin. Convince Candi's ass to come too and it can be like how it was when we were teenagers." They discussed other things until Nicki said she had to go but would talk to her later.

It was now 1:11. Nicki made her way to her car and drove off. She pulled up to Holmby Park 30 minutes later. She sat in the car with her head on the steering wheel wondering if this is the right thing to do. She stepped out the car, took a deep breath and prepared to see the man that caused her so much pain in the past but at one point loved so much.

She walked through the park in her thoughts. "NICKI!" he yelled repeatedly until she turned around. He ran up to her and stretched his arms out for a hug which she rejected.

"Thanks for coming. How you been Nic?"

"Great actually. Let's get straight to the point, what did you want to talk about?" Nicki said with her arms crossed.

"I miss you."

"You miss me?" she raised an eyebrow "Funny, I can't say I miss all the shit you put me and my daughter through."

"She's our daughter."

"Oh now you want to claim her? As many times as you said she may not be yours because you thought I was fucking around even though I've ALWAYS been faithful to you?"

"I'm sorry-"

Nicki interjected "Sorry for what? The abuse? Kicking us out when we had not a damn place to go?"

"I'm sorry for everything. After you left..well..while you were gone, I really had time to sit and think. I realized my wrongs. You are a great woman and I was wrong for treating you the way I did. I want my family back."

"To be honest, it was never a family. It was too dysfunctional to even be considered one. I'm happy now, happier than I've ever been. I found a man who loves me genuinely, he treats me right and helped me realize my self worth. He's been a great father to MY daughter and he helped us when you kicked us out. I'd be stupid to believe your bullshit and come back just to be treated like shit again. I got me a real man, a president of a company, a real boss." Nicki said with the most attitude that sent hurt and anger to James' eyes.

"Woow. I'm really sorry Nic. I just want to start over, I love you. I treated you the way I did because I thought you'd always be there."

"Welp you see that didn't happen right? I said I am happy with the real man I have now. I don't want to start over and look like the fool to everybody again. I should have listened to what they said about you but I'm happy I came to my senses. If you really "love" the way you say you do then you'd let me move on and let me be happy. I forgive you because my mother taught me that it's unhealthy to hold grudges. I won't ever forget though. Now leave me alone. I'm sure you have all them other girls you slept with to tend to anyway."

Nicki walked away leaving James standing there with egg on his face, speechless wasn't even the word. She felt good to get that off her chest, it's been consuming her all this time. She wasn't exactly sure if she should tell Safaree about this meeting.

Few hours later she returned home. She seen Safaree's car in the driveway so she knew he was home. "Babe!" she called. She walked into the kitchen to see him sitting there straight faced.

"Holmby park, eh?" he asked. Nicki stopped in her tracks and just stared at him to search for the right thing to say.

4 comments:

  1. Ima need longer chapters from you bew.
    You're an amazing writer. This was good.
    I hope he understands now that Nic had moved on with her life so he can leave her alone..
    I also hope Safaree hear her out before jumping to conclusion ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. These chapters are really well written, :) can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaaassssss Onika. loved this chapt. post soon xo

    ReplyDelete