Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Date

Nicki had just finished changing and was on her way to the daycare. It was now 7:55, she'd be a few minutes late but hoped he wouldn't mind. As they pulled up they seen Safaree standing by a black Range Rover.

Safaree walked over to them. Carlie ran and hugged his legs which made him smile. "Hey cutie" he said. He looked up at Nicki "You look beautiful, Nic."

She giggled "You don't look so bad yourself." In her mind she was saying "damn he is sexy." Safaree's sister Shawneequa greeted them. Safaree introduced everyone then him and Nicki were on their way to a 5 star restaurant.

They cracked jokes and talked on the way there. Something about the two just felt right.

They pulled up to a restaurant called Providence. The host greeted them with "Welcome to Providence, reservation name?" "Samuels" Safaree said. The waiter then led them to the back of the restaurant. There weren't many people inside.

The inside gave off a romantic, peaceful vibe.

"Hi, I'm Amy. I'll be serving you guys tonight. Can I start you two off with drinks?" A middle aged woman asked.

"Water please" Nicki requested. "A bottle of your finest wine" Safaree replied. They both picked up their menus, some of this stuff Nicki had never seen before. James didn't take her out much, especially not to a place as extravagant as this.

Nicki looked up from her menu "You know what you're ordering?"

"Yeah, I'm getting the River King Salmon"

"I'm thinking of getting the Prime New York Steak."

The waitress came back with their drinks then took their orders and put in a request for them.

Nicki looked around at the scenery "Wow, this place is nice..and expensive looking."

Safaree chuckled "You're worth all of this and more." The comment made Nicki blush.

"So tell me, where are you from." Safaree asked.

"I was born in Trinidad but raised New York, Queens to be exact. You?"

"I'm from Brooklyn but came here to LA to make some dreams of mine a reality."

"That's poppin. I came here with my daughter's father but he kicked us out after HE was being the asshole and cheated on me multiple times." Nicki stopped, surprised she felt comfortable enough to say that but felt as if she said TOO much.

Safaree caressed her hand lightly. "I don't see how any man can treat someone as beautiful as you like that let alone someone who is the mother of their child. It's men like him that internally hurt women and make them think there aren't any good ones out there...like me." He paused for a minute seeing her blush then continued "You deserve so much better."

Amy brought them their meals "Enjoy your dinner guys." "Thank you" they said in unison.

"You have such a way with words, I'd think someone like you would be taken already."

"Nah, I'm single. The females I've met out here can be a trip. They want people for the wrong reasons and I can't have someone who isn't going to help me grow as a person, someone who can make me better. But you...you're something special. Not trying to come off as thirsty." He chuckled.

Nicki giggled. "You're so cute. There's something about you that I like. But why me though? What's special about me?" Nicki didn't have low self esteem but she didn't see why a man she met over a week ago liked her so strongly. She couldn't lie and say she wasn't liking him too but this was new to her.

"You're just different. You have goals. You're business savvy. You're smart. I get good vibes from you."

"Wow. Th-thank you. You know, you make me feel so comfortable." Nicki was tearing a little. James never said such sweet things, he barely said "I love you."

They mingled some more until they were ready to go. The waitress put the bill on the table. "I can pay for some of that." Nicki said knowing damn well she really couldn't. She didn't want to feel like she was taking from him.

"What? No, I took YOU out. I'd never ask the female to pay, I was taught better than that." He smiled.

They walked to the car. "I have one more place I want to take you." Safaree said. The car ride to the other place was filled with laughter and mingling. This was the first time in a long time that Nicki could genuinely smile and be happy.

"Thank you." Nicki said calmly. "For what?" He asked. "For giving me a fun night on the town. This is really the first night I've had fun in while." He smiled "No problem, thank you for letting me." "I'd like to see you again." "I'd love that."

They pulled up to Hotel Bel-Air. Nicki raised her eyebrow "A hotel?"

"Stay right here, I'll be right back." Safaree went to the front desk and grabbed the hotel key card before returning back to the car to get Nicki. "It's okay, just follow me." Nicki did just that.

Safaree took her to the presidential suite which looked like a house to Nic. Safaree watched her stare around the room before speaking. "Carlie told me about y'all being homeless..." this broke Nicki out her gaze. "..don't be mad at her. I wanted to help you guys so I got this suite for you for as long as you need."

"What?" she said mad low as tears welled in her eyes. "This is for you, Nic. For both of y'all." She took in what he just said. He took the Black Card out his pocket and handed it to her "This is also for you guys, I loaded it with $5000 for now but if you need more I will gladly add to it."

"No. I can't." Nicki said full on crying now.

"Please? Can you do it for me and if not, for Carlie?"

"No one has ever done anything as nice as this for me. Thank you SO much!" she fell into his chest crying.

"I told you Nicki, you deserve so much more than you've been getting." They stared into each other's eyes. Nicki's lips moved closer to Safaree and soon they were kissing for what seemed like an eternity but in reality was about a minute. "Let's go pick up my baby" Nicki said as she broke from the kiss and looked at Safaree smiling.

They pulled up to the Daycare and went inside. The spotted Carlie sitting with some younger kids reading to them. She was a smart little girl. She looked up and seen Nicki and ran to her. "I missed you ma!" Carlie jumped into Nicki's arms.

"I missed you too. Let's get your things, Safaree has a surprise." Carlie's face lit up. As she gathered her things, Nicki went over to Shawneequa and thanked her.

Carlie was dosing off on the car ride to the hotel. Safaree carried her upstairs and Nicki followed.

"Carlie, Carlie baby." Nicki tapped her until she woke up.

"This is your guys home for as long as y'all need." Safaree said looking at Carlie. She jumped out Safaree's arms and ran to one of the bedrooms and jumped on the bed.

"Are you serious?! Thank youuuuu" Carlie ran to Safaree and hugged his legs. "You're so very welcome" he smiled.

He stayed with them for about 20 minutes before saying "I think I should get going. It's getting late." Safaree said. "Okay. Thank you again, I don't know I can ever repay you." Nicki stated.

"Just smile and don't be afraid to ask for help." Safaree requested. She pecked him on the lips before closing the door behind him. She turned around, put her back towards the door, closed her eyes and thanked God for everything.

"I really like him." Carlie said. "He's nice isn't he?" Nic said back.

"Can I take a bubble bath?" Carlie asked.

"You sure can!" Nicki ran her some water. After Carlie came out and was settled in bed, Nicki gave her some PJs and tucked her in bed before kissing her goodnight. Nicki then proceeded to take a bath herself. This was the first time in almost two weeks that they've taken an actual bath and will be sleeping in a bed.

They both were very grateful for this.

8 comments:

  1. This story reminds me of a movie but really great post update soon love the way the story is set up bye the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :''''') This is a good story, filled w/ so much emotion like k. lol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. omggg this was sooooo perfect! This story line is great, so fckn interesting and different. Safaree is too sweet, can't wait to see what happens next, for real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea the plot is just like the movie Good Deeds but I still like this story because it's different from the others.... Post soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!! I'm new to your story and I just got finish reading the chapters. I love it. It's very different from other Onikafaree stories. And Safaree is just the sweetest. If only every guy was like him *sighs*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh! This does remind me of Good Deeds, but it's such a nice story. Safaree >>>>>>. He's so sweet. :')

    ReplyDelete